Whether you are gutting your home from the inside out or Siding Pro is giving your 1980’s facade a new look, home renovations can be difficult. We have come up with a list of 5 Things You Need to Know to Survive Your Home Renovation.
- Declutter! Most homes have clutter, especially well-lived in ones. When walls start coming down and the jack hammers start, having a cluttered living space will only add to the stress that only a home renovation can cause.
- Invest in plastic sheeting. This will keep the dust and dirt (mostly) from migrating to untouched living areas. A word of caution, you will have dust in the air, no matter how well you have cordoned off the area.
- Be flexible. There’s no doubt that your routines will be disrupted when you have strange workers in your home. You may need to adjust your routines, such as showering in the evenings after the construction has ended for the day. Construction workers are early birds and they will inevitably arrive just as you head to your relaxing shower.
- Relocate home base. If you are doing a kitchen renovation, you may decide to make dinner at home (your pocket book will thank you). Moving your microwave and coffee maker to an area that is separate from the demolition zone will help. Isn’t that why they invented microwave meals?
- Communicate, communicate, communicate! When your home is deluged by the hammers and saws, you want to be kept in the know at all times. It is key to have two-way communication about product selection, any changes that are on the horizon, and when the work will be done! The folks at Siding Pro do this very well and give homeowners up to date information at every turn. Make sure to keep a list of contacts that are working on your rehab project and use them!
No matter who you choose to complete your home remodel, rest assured that there is an end in sight. Siding Pro is here to make your home renovation as easy as possible. Call us today!