Business Owner, Kevin Orf has a long and successful history of making the customer a priority and building a company (RBA of Colorado Springs and Denver) based on the ultimate customer experience. This relentlessly passion for customer satisfaction and excellence has led to multiple awards for Kevin’s businesses, including a previous “Replacement Contractor of the Year” award.
Perfecting the Customer Experience
When it comes to customer communication and service, Colorado Springs business owner Kevin Orf has worked hard to perfect it by implementing several key things to add to the customer experience.
- Building multiple showrooms with features like a media room with DVDs about the installation process, a space with toys and videos to occupy kids while parents consult with sales reps, a science center where technology can be demonstrated and explained, and walls showing their products with many different textures and colors.
- Hiring the best technicians for it’s installations, who must be able to demonstrate the most skillfull workmanship.
- Implemented seven points of contact between scheduling the appointment and following up with customers after their installation was complete.
- Implemented extensive product and “Think Like A Customer” training, which answers this question: How does your department and your job affect a customer?
“Now we do a lot of analysis and research. We measure it and then decide if it adds value for our customers, our employees, and for our bottom line. If any one of the three is missing, we don’t do it.”, said Kevin Orf.
Award Winning Excellence
This focus of the customer experience did not go unnoticed, and his business has been the proud winners of multiple distinguished awards including:
- In 2004, Kevin’s company was named Window & Door magazine’s Dealer of the Year.
- In 2005, the company was RBA’s Best of the Best, a designation earned by a combination of sales growth and near-perfect levels of customer satisfaction.
- In 2006, it was again Best of the Best; last year, it ranked second among the 105 RBA affiliates.
- In 2008, named by Replacement Magazine “Replacement Contractor of the Year”.
Click here to read the full “Replacement Contractor” magazine article.