When it comes to protecting your home, James Hardie siding is one of the most popular and practical choices. This fiber-cement product is tough, durable and beautiful, resisting the ravages of fire, weather and insects as it covers your house in style.
But different homes in different climate zones face different challenges in the protection they demand of their siding. For this reason, James Hardie offers its HardieZone System, engineered for different climate zones. Wherever your home is located, including Colorado, the James Hardie siding provides optimum protection.
With Colorado Weather in Mind
The HardieZone System is based on eight individual climatic variables that affect long-term performance of siding. Using these factors, the company has developed 10 distinct climatic zones. The HZ5 product line covers the conditions we face in Colorado.
HZ5 James Hardie siding products excel in dealing with freezing temperatures, extreme seasonal temperature variations, and snow and ice. To ensure its beauty matches its durability, its surface has been engineered for higher performance, giving it superior paint adhesion and moisture resistance. It also has a drip edge to provide improved water management.
These HardieZone products help reduce water absorption, strengthen a house’s exterior surfaces, and acts like a drip edge, preventing rainwater from finding its way into the drywall.
Backing HardieZone Protection with Confidence
James Hardie is so confident in the protection that its HardieZone System affords harsh climates like Colorado, it is backed by an industry-leading 30-year limited, transferable warranty, providing non-prorated product coverage for the entire three decades.
Beauty and Strength without the Maintenance
James Hardie siding is ideal if you’ve ever wanted wood siding for your Colorado Springs home but without wood’s upkeep and maintenance. James Hardie siding is created with cellulose fiber, cement and sand to provide it durability, stability and sturdiness. Thanks to the make-up, the siding is the best at enduring extreme weather, including snow, ice, rain, wind or sun – perfect for the Colorado climate.
Among HardieZone siding’s benefits:
- Resists fire – The material is non-combustible and helps to prevent flames spreading.
- Resists pest damage – While it looks like wood, it doesn’t act like wood, keeping away pests, such as termites and other insects that eat and damage wood.
- Protects against impact damage – More than other types of siding, the fiber cement and other strong materials in James Hardie siding help to protect against hail, rain and other impact damage.
- Holds up in humid, wet areas – Unlike other types of siding, James Hardie siding can take the humidity and not crack or decay. The fiber cement helps to protect it against shrinking and widening under changing weather conditions.
- Color Plus – James Hardie siding comes with Color Plus technology to make your home look great.
To give your home the HardieZone climate protection it deserves, and needs, contact Siding Pro today for a free consultation and quote. One of our siding experts will come out to your home, listen to your needs and budget, and answer any questions you may have.